Internship – Analytical chemistry
InSpek in a few words
InSpek aims to improve the yield of biochemical processes by developing the new generation of chemical monitoring systems. Our patented optical microchip technology allows us to bring chemical sensors into the era of integrated photonics – better, cheaper, smaller than current sensors. We are building a real-time chemical monitoring system which enables users to optimize their chemical processes, and thus prevent costly and wasteful mistakes. Our first customers come from a variety of industries including pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies, and energy.
InSpek was created in 2021 and is backed by VCs, is a laureate of several national and European grants (including i-Lab and EIC), and participates in selective incubation programs (Agoranov, Creative Destruction Lab).
📜 Job description
You will work on the testing and development of our product, particularly on the measurements of chemical and biological samples, data analysis, and development of signal processing. Different applications to biochemical and chemical processes will be studied, leading to a wide view of industrial applications. You will work under the supervision of a Bioprocess Engineer in our chemical laboratory.
The intern will be fully integrated within the team and will participate actively in the daily life of the company, including technical and coordination meetings.
🛠️ Main missions
- Handle sample preparation in a chemical lab
- Establish measurement procedures
- Perform spectroscopic measurements using our chemical analysis system
- Develop chemometrics models to interpret the data
- Data analysis and reporting
✨ What we need from you
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field, ideally with a focus on analytical technologies and/or chemometrics
- Strong motivation to understand scientific concepts in depth
- Solid understanding of chemical analytical technologies and chemometrics
- Experience with Python would be a plus
- Experience with Raman spectroscopy and/or lasers would be a plus
- Good communication skills in English
- Proactivity, creativity, and all the soft skills that will help build the success of InSpek with us!
📍 Conditions and benefits
- Duration: 3-6 months
- Location: Drahi X-Novation Center, Palaiseau, France
- Salary: based on current level of studies
- Remote work: potentially 1 day per week, depending on operational needs
- Meal subsidies (”tickets restaurant”)
- Public transportation subsidy
🗣️ Interview process
- Technical interview
- Culture interview
- On-site visit
At InSpek, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Please contact us on LinkedIn or at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or with any questions.
Back to Open positions