Internship – Optical characterization
InSpek in a few words
InSpek aims to improve the yield of biochemical processes by developing the new generation of chemical monitoring systems. Our patented optical microchip technology allows us to bring chemical sensors into the era of integrated photonics – better, cheaper, smaller than current sensors. We are building a real-time chemical monitoring system which enables users to optimize their chemical processes, and thus prevent costly and wasteful mistakes. Our first customers come from a variety of industries including pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies, and energy.
InSpek was created in 2021 and is backed by VCs, is a laureate of several national and European grants (including i-Lab and EIC), and participates in selective incubation programs (Agoranov, Creative Destruction Lab).
📜 Job description
You will work on the characterization of our optical chips and optical setups, particularly on the optical alignment, measurement, and data analysis of integrated photonic components. You will work under the supervision of a Photonic Engineer in our optical laboratory comprising several characterization setups.
The intern will be fully integrated within the team and will participate actively in the daily life of the company, including technical and coordination meetings.
🛠️ Main missions
- Perform hands-on photonic component testing:
- optical fiber alignment and coupling
- transmission and reflection measurements
- Raman spectroscopy measurements
- Depending on skills and interest, design and simulate integrated photonic components and circuits (Python-based, EME, and FDTD simulations)
- Data analysis and reporting
✨ What we need from you
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Optics, Physics, or a related field
- Strong motivation to understand scientific concepts in depth
- Solid understanding of the fundamental concepts of optics and electromagnetics
- Hands-on experience with optics, optical measurements and experimental setups
- Familiarity with integrated photonics would be a plus
- Familiarity with Python would be a plus
- Good communication skills in English
- Proactivity, creativity, and all the soft skills that will help build the success of InSpek with us!
📍 Conditions and benefits
- Duration: 3-6 months
- Location: Drahi X-Novation Center, Palaiseau, France
- Salary: based on current level of studies
- Remote work: potentially 1 day per week, depending on operational needs
- Meal subsidies (”tickets restaurant”)
- Public transportation subsidy
🗣️ Interview process
- Technical interview
- Culture interview
- On-site visit
At InSpek, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Please contact us on LinkedIn or at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or with any questions.
Back to Open positions